- Prospective workers must download and complete the application and reference form from people who will affirm your calling. Allow 6 to 9 weeks processing, so early application is recommended. Application fee is $25, payable to JEMS. Please write “Japan Mission App” on the check memo line.
- All applications and recommendations will be received and evaluated by the Japan Sending Committee.
- Before the mission worker is officially approved, the worker’s home church pastor will be contacted for their approval and support/endorsement. In the meantime, it is recommended that the mission worker begin preparing his/her pledge/prayer card and support raising letter and compiling a personal mailing list.
- After the approval notification from JEMS, the mission worker shall contact prospective supporters for financial and prayer support in order to raise funds.
- Assignment to a particular church will be made in due course.
- Orientation and training sessions will be provided. Each worker is expected to attend all sessions. Make up sessions can be provided, if necessary.
A born-again sincere Christian of at least two years. A demonstrated willingness to submit to those in leadership and authority within a local church setting. An openness to work with Christians of other denominational affiliations. A member in good standing of an evangelical church, in agreement with the JEMS’ Statement of Faith. Demonstrates flexible, positive, and mature attitudes of Christian life and service. Self-disciplined and motivated. In good physical, emotional, and mental health. Other qualifications…