How to Begin your Application Process:
1. Recognizing that any missions project should be undertaken in partnership with your local church, please review the Church Information Page
2. Applicants under the age of 21 or who are under financial obligations to their parents are required to discuss their interest in the mission project with their parent or guardian. Please refer to the Parent Information Page
3. Write to JEMS South America Department to find out more about serving in South America next summer (July and August).
4. To request an application packet via postal mail or to apply for JEMS programs longer than eight weeks, please send your request in writing to:
South America Missions Dept.
948 East Second Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Or, email your request to:
5. Return your completed application by the appropriate deadline with your $20 application fee. Please make your check payable to JEMS and write “SA Missions App” on the check memo.
March 31st (for July – August Programs)
6. Your application, together with your three letters of reference, will be reviewed by South America staff and board members. This is the first step in applicant screening process.
7. Wait to hear from the JEMS South America Missions Department for the scheduling of an oral interview and further evaluation/screening to determine your candidacy for the mission project.
8. If accepted, you will be notified of the multi-weekend training schedule. JEMS Training Program is a requirement for participation in this project.
Length of Ministry: 2 – 4 Weeks
Cost of Program: (including airfare) is approximately $2800 – $3200 depending on placement in-country.”
JEMS is a faith-based mission organization.
All funds need to be raised by the mission worker in partnership with their local church.
JEMS is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.